1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thanks for Visiting

Shadows of Adam is now in beta! If you supported us on Kickstarter or have pre-ordered SoA you can redeem your beta via Humble Bundle.

We are greatly appreciative for those who have shown support and given us feedback. If you haven't, you can pre-order our game today.

- Team Something Classic

What are your RPGMaker Favorites?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kshaftoe, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Kshaftoe

Kshaftoe Dradoran Soldier Kickstarter Backer

The team mentioned making RPGMaker games in the past and that got me wondering. As past RPGMaker programmers, what are some of your favorite RPGMaker games and do you still play new ones?

A really well done RPGMaker game is probably one of my favorite things in the world. It just presses the right buttons for me and makes me late to work almost everyday until I beat it. Some of my recent favorites are John Wizard games like Dawn's Light 3 or Aveyond 4, Tale of a Common Man by Aldorlea, and Dancing Dragon Games' Skyborn and Echoes of Aetheria.

2. DigiGuineaPig

DigiGuineaPig Dradoran Soldier Kickstarter Backer

I like a few of them and I like playing really bad ones. I always buy the ones on Steam that are just a few cents! It's fun to play bad games sometimes too. Not to knock the engine because I've seen some amazing things done with RPGMaker. Skyborn is the only one that comes to mind at the moment that I really enjoyed and replayed. I have Echoes of Aetheria but have yet to play it. There is another game called Stargazer that I had a decent god time with too. It wasn't anything amazing, pretty standard,but a good time nonetheless!

3. Kshaftoe

Echoes sounds like it just got a big update addressing some of the players' feedback. I need more time for games!

4. TylerMire

TylerMire Composer for Shadows of Adam Staff Member Admin Moderator

Luke's rpgmaker series "The Way" has been highly acclaimed as one of the rpgmaker games of all times (and I still haven't played it, sorry Luke...)

5. lTyl

lTyl Programmer for Something Classic Staff Member Admin Moderator

"A Blurred Line" was pretty good :)

6. TylerMire

Oh yea, A Blurred Line was the jam!

Whack a Food was an amazing game Tim made. Whack a Food 2, which I was one of the few people who ever saw the progress of that game was the best rpgmaker game I'd ever seen. Sadly Tim lost the game file.

7. lTyl

lTyl Programmer for Something Classic Staff Member Admin Moderator

"Sunset over Imdahl" was another one.

8. Exiled

Exiled Villager

"The Way" and "Sunset over Imdahl" are both my favorite RPG Maker games as well. Really opened my eyes to both the storytelling and pushing the envelope when it comes to breaking the limitations of the engine.

lTyl likes this.
  9. TylerMire

Never played "Sunset over Imdahl". Was that rm2k or rm2k3?

10. Kshaftoe