1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thanks for Visiting

Shadows of Adam is now in beta! If you supported us on Kickstarter or have pre-ordered SoA you can redeem your beta via Humble Bundle.

We are greatly appreciative for those who have shown support and given us feedback. If you haven't, you can pre-order our game today.

- Team Something Classic

Some more bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs and Feedback' started by Justin, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Justin

Justin Villager Kickstarter Backer

Hey all. So as of right now I've played up to when the Abyss opens. I'll reply with final pre-final boss stats for Tyler Mire when I have them. I've found a few interesting things and have some thoughts, so here goes.

Build 0.98.15 / Windows 10 64bit

Bug 1: Stationary NPC has no collision. It's the guy right under Kellan in the image, he doesnt move and I dont think I could talk to him. This is during the sneaking scenes.

To recreate: No steps, I could just walk right over him.

http://imgur.com/A6OzgUN

Bug 2: Statue's don't respect Y layering in the water garden puzzle. I dont know if this happens in all of the puzzles or just this one. In the image, notice the mermaid statues.

To Recreate: Push two of the statues together on the Y axis.

http://imgur.com/joA3mdz

Bug 3: When you're reaching your destination in a mine cart, the sprite changes to the reverse direction before the screen fades to black. It happens in every mine cart I've seen so far, so I dont know if it's an event stack hiccup or what. It's not major, just kinda ruins the visual flow.

To recreate: Go hop in a mine cart. (I didnt get an image for this)

Bug 4: There's a weird sprite cloning issue that happens in the second( I think?) flashback with Curtis, when you move up one of the diagonal staircases on the eastern edge of the port town. I got it to happen twice before I moved on.

To recreate: Just go up and down the stairs a bunch. It happened the FIRST time for me, then again a few times later.

http://imgur.com/GRfnCXN
    http://imgur.com/5p1viko

Bug 6: I think the sprites for fish might have had a color-transparency issue. It looks like part of this fish is just not there. I dont know if that was intended for when they're on the sand and it's just "covered", but with the water ebbing through it, it looks super weird. If this was intended, consider filling in a clone of that sprite for this scene.

http://imgur.com/8Kfyecw

Observations::

I'm glad to see that there's a bug for the music restarting in random spots because it was super jarring to hear really awesome music that would just stop and restart. I didn't do it in all tracks for me, so I figured it was intentional. The battle theme and the camp theme (in Lodan I think?) were the ones that were the most obvious to me.

There are a bunch of scenes that have no music at all. In certain spots I think that can be really well done and powerful, but in a lot of them it just felt incomplete. To note a specific case, after you fall down and get that first glimpse into Curtis' past, the scene after he wakes up and theyre all talking is silent. I saw no reason for this, when the normal map music just kicks in after the scene is done. I think starting the music again WHEN he wakes up would feel a lot better than just a silent scene of dialogue. Also the verbal fight between Kellan and Talon in front of the fire shard was pretty... weird. Again, it just didn't feel like the scene was complete.

The wind blowing during the airship dialogue scene is a really short loop and it's super obvious. I dont know if that was a bug but it didn't sound like it. I'd just clip out the first bit where it "ramps up" pitch and noise wise and see if it loops cleaner after that.

Also in the Curtis flashback, there's a dialogue scene where he and the other guy are chipping away with mining picks. The silence isn't actually terrible there, but adding in some clinks or pings to signify the actual mining would go a long way.

All of that said, I'm absolutely loving the same so far. Wonderful work and I hope the official launch goes really well! I'll be shoving it onto a bunch of my friends. Let me know if you need anything from me and I'll post again when I've completed the story or find other things.

Justin

2. TylerMire

TylerMire Composer for Shadows of Adam Staff Member Admin Moderator

Never seen this before. Hmmm...might be a relic of an old build. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Yea, been aware of this for a while. We have a small fix coming in the next patch, but until Ty or Josh push a more detailed fix, there may be a few edge cases of this here or there.

Yea I agree with this, I actually was noticing it more yesterday. I'll look into it, because things like this bug me.

Whoa, that's a lot of Curtis! I'll have to check this out.

This has been fixed.

Thanks for your time to post this! I read the rest of the notes too, I'll see about the music in those scenes. You might be right. Thank you!

3. Justin

Justin Villager Kickstarter Backer

Glad to help! Also, how do I get a fancy Kickstarter Backer banner for my profile here? :p I'll try and pop into more of the game streams so we can chat more. I'm Gryphonblade77 on Twitch, btw.

lTyl likes this.
  4. lTyl

lTyl Programmer for Something Classic Staff Member Admin Moderator

Backer badge has been applied :).

Regarding the music looping issue, this has been greatly improved as of yesterday :D.

5. TylerMire

Oh hey man! I'll be streaming Tuesday evening at 7pm EST. Also, probably going to hop on stream in a little bit to do some FF7 and chill. Thanks again for your comments, glad you're enjoying it :)

6. TylerMire

Hey @Justin, I added music in the post Solum Flashback scene where Curtis is waking up. You were right, it feels much better.